Sunday, March 21, 2010

Merlin's Harp Review


I know this is a Bran Hambric blog but I like to review other books too, so here is my review of Merlin's Harp by Anne Eliot Crompton.

Merlin's Harp isn't my usual style of book but it sounded interesting so I gave it a try. It was confusing when I first started reading because the writing style is different from what I have read in the past. After I got through the first few pages though, I began to follow along much easier. Merlin's Harp isn't one of my favorite books but it is a beautiful read. I loved the secrets and the hidden surprises that would show up unexpectedly. I also enjoyed the twists of fate. Nivienne fighting to help the very people she used to hate - humans. The tragic events that happen to her close loved ones had me sympathising for Nivienne. Merlin, a close friend of Nivienne, sang songs with his beautiful harp, Enchanter, that spoke of things that have happened and things that are to come. The songs captured me and had me guessing at what the melodies could mean. Overall Merlin's Harp is a good read, but I would suggest reading twice so you can find all of the different pieces that link the story together. The things that hint at the major srprises at the end. I would give Merlin's Harp a 4 out of 5 rating.


No comments:

Post a Comment